Some people have a seriously overinflated sense of rebellion. Or value thier vodka very highly:
A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday.
Bwaa ha ha ha haaa. He showed them!!
New airport rules prohibit passengers from carrying larger quantities of liquid onto planes, and he was told at a security check he would have to either throw out the bottle of vodka or pay a fee to have his carry-on bag checked as cargo.
Instead, he chugged the bottle down — and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said. – [Yahoo/Reuters]
D’oh! Ok, so I can see why the guy did it. It was either pay to take the vodka in his luggage, or have it confiscated. He did the one thing any rebellious, poor, vodka afficionado would do. CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! …
One problem though. He severely overestimated his manliness. (Or felt that missing the flight was no big deal)…
Man drinks liter of vodka at airport line – [Yahoo/Reuters]