Not too long ago, I read an article about a dog who had somehow managed to set a house on fire. I don’t remember the details, but apparently the cat saved everyone by waking the owners up. This week, I ran into a similar article:
Firefighters said a grease fire that left $50,000 in damage to a Topeka home erupted after a dog shut a woman out of the house while fish was frying on the stove. – [Yahoo/AP]
Now something fishy is going on here. Why is the dog always to blame? How come the lady didn’t just break a window, then reach in and unlock the door when she realized her pan was aflame? Seriously, a broken window or door is way, way cheaper than letting the whole house burn down right?
But nooooo, they let it burn and blame the dog. Yeah. Right. I’m not buying it either…
Dog blamed in fish frying grease blaze – [Yahoo/AP]